SheLovesData Sydney: Introduction to Python Programming for Data
26 October @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm AEDT
Excited about data? Curious about Programming? Come and see how they intersect and learn how to code in python!
Please join us for our “Introduction to Python programming for data” workshop on the 26th of October at the ThoughtWorks office in Sydney.
Python is one of the most popular and powerful programming languages in the world. It’s simple to learn a language that is highly flexible, open-source and very well supported making it a valuable skill for every data analyst and developer to learn.
She Loves Data has been inspiring women all over the world to pursue a career in data and technology. We are proud to bring to you this hands-on Python workshop where we can hold your hand through the most intimidating part of a journey – taking the very first step!
In this workshop, you will learn:
a) Introduction to Python
b) Basics of Programming using Python and understanding of variables, conditions, functions, etc
c) How to use Python to do more with your data including visualizations and analysis using Pandas and other amazing libraries.
You don’t need to bring any prior experience in Programming, just a laptop and ‘curious to learn’ attitude. To set up the hands-on, all you need is:
– Laptop with charger (Mac/Windows, however Windows preferred)
– Google Account for access to Collab via Google Drive
– Web browser (Chrome/Firefox/Safari)
The team from ThoughtWorks will take you through your Python Journey.
1. We understand, as mothers, it may be difficult for you to manage learning time on a weekend, so we’re organising a kids code camp on the day. Please email email@example.com with the number of children you would like to bring to the code camp and their age (should be 6 years and above) if you are interested in bringing your children to the code camp.
2. Food will be provided thanks to our lovely sponsor Thoughtworks! Vegetarian and gluten free options will be available, however we can’t accommodate every food request as this is a free event. Thus, if you are concerned, consider bringing your own lunch. Please let us know of any urgent dietary requirements (allergies) at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to accommodate you.
We are a global software consultancy and a community of passionate, purpose-led individuals. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients’ toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change.
We offer services that go beyond writing code, everything that we do is grounded in tech. We deliver software and provide all the supporting services that are required to do this well and become a leading digital business.
We’re helping organizations with ambitious goals make step changes in how they work with data. This might involve improving insight discovery and advanced analytics, delivering digital experiences powered by Machine Learning and AI, or high-performance data engineering to implement event-driven architectures and modern data platforms.
By registering to this event you understand that the details you provide during the registration process will be collected and used by She Loves Data. Photographs and/or video may be taken at the event. By taking part in this event you grant the event organisers full rights to use the images resulting from the photography/video filming, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images for publicity and/or marketing purposes. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in their printed and online publicity materials, social media, and press releases.